It really depends on a few things, but in most cases, yes. Hiring a professional to design your company's visual identity is a high-yield, low-risk investment.
There are a few rare situations
where hiring a graphic designer would
not be necessary.
- You have the necessary design knowledge
- You have the free time to make your designs perfect
In most cases, neither of these is true for entrepreneurs, especially having the free time. You might be thinking to yourself that you can learn how to do all of this on your own, and that may be true, but consider a few
- Professional graphic designers are more than just creative people. They often have a degree in a related field and several years of experience. This gives them the added benefit of being able to tell a story through their
Even with all of that experience, it can still take a professional several days to complete one design
- There are many things that are not simply common knowledge that must be considered when creating a design. Does your design need to use vector or raster graphics? What file types will you need? What size do your files need
- Every successful major business or organization has a detailed style guide that defines how visual elements are to be portrayed. Things such as specific colors(not just red or green, but specific color
fonts, font sizes, text alignment,
shapes, white space, plus a ton more. A style guide also defines when and how each and every one of those elements are required to be used. If you don't have one, make sure you set a week (or more) aside to research each
style guide before you ever consider
designing anything else.
- There are several small styling details that you may not think about when creating your design. Those details could be the difference between someone in your target market choosing to find out more about your company or
that your brand identity looks a little
This is only a small fraction of the reasons that hiring a professional graphic designer is not an area where you will want to cut corners. It's pretty well known that the modern person has a very short attention span. Less than 5
is the amount of time it takes
someone to decide whether they are going to move on or look into your business more. You can guarantee that your logo and visual elements will play a part in that decision before a word about your business is ever read.
event that you do have the necessary
design knowledge, you probably don't have an abundance of free time to devote to all of the fine-tuning your designs will need.
Think you might need a professional designer, after all? Let's chat